lørdag 2. april 2011

PLEASE DON'T LEAVE

Well, I have to.

Not because someone is making me leave, I’ve got the opportunity to do nearly anything I fancy doing, however this is something I need to do for myself.

You know how you get taught all your life to be yourself and find yourself? Well, this is me. I need to travel and experience new things, otherwise I feel like I am being held back. This is my way of living my life to the fullest. It sounds a little cliché, and it probably is. But people keep telling me to stay home, so I need to tell them this.

I want to live life as long as I’ve got the opportunity to do so. I’ve learned that you never know what you are going to expect in life. Suddenly things change, some things for the better other things for the worse. Why not live in the moment and do what you feel like doing right now? That’s why I have to leave. In the beginning it will be tough, because I am leaving people I love, my family and friends. However, it will be much easier to leave if I know that they support me and that they will be there when I come back, which I know they will.

I might have made the post a little dramatic, I am only going away for one year, it’s not like I am gone forever (at least that’s not the plan…) But for me it is a big step in life, so why not make a big thing out of it?

As I was writing this post, I kept on thinking about a famous quote from Forest Gump (a wonderful movie) “life’s like a box of chocolate, you never know what you are going to get”. Isn’t that a lovely quote?

By the way, I haven’t got a hostfamily yet, still waiting. I will let you know as soon as I get one! Stay tuned.

Jessica x

2 kommentarer:

  1. pjaakainmn.wordpress.com
    Kul blogg jessica og Helene :D
    Hilsen Camilla

    SvarSlett
  2. Kjempe bra skrevet! :D Jeg skal også på utveksling og føler akkurat det samme. Veldig fin blogg dere har :)

    SvarSlett